Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Une Natural Beauty Products

Une Natural Beauty Make Up
French Product 
Made in Italy
Purchased from: Centrepoint at Mirdif City Centre
Price Range: Below 100.00AED
Selling Point: Organic Make up 

I know I am not a make up junkie but then I found myself buying make up since the last quarter of 2014. Maybe I want to experience it before I grow old as I don't wear make up when I was younger and even when I started working. Or maybe finally I found make up that even though I still find them 'pricey' but if you will compare them with others in the market they are actually 'affordable'. I just happen to be a frugal person that anything above 10.00AED I will start to whine.
For the longest time I stayed away from French brands thinking they are all expensive and way beyond my budget. But things changed when I have taken time last year to check them out and compare with the other brands I am familiar with. Silly me for thinking that the whole French population are all rich that 'affordable' products are never heard of in the country :) The first French brand that I tried was Bourjois. I know Loreal is also French but I am not a fan. I don't know why. I just don't buy from them. Bourjois is affordable and good so when I heard that they created a new line called Une and this is organic make up I was like 'I have to find and try it'. 


Unfortunately Centrepoint in Ajman doesn't carry this brand. And I didn't notice if it is available in Al Ghurair Centrepoint. I am not surprised upon seeing it at Centrepoint in Mirdif City Centre as that branch is so far the biggest I have seen in UAE. And there's no way I'll be able to browse the whole store to check out what brands do they carry. I am sort of lazy to do that not unless I am really looking for something very important! And just because they are still on sale that I went ahead and purchased some items. 


The foundation was free - I am thankful to the lady. She gave it to me for free for the reason that so I can try it out. I don't hoard foundation, concealer and eyeshadow. I make sure that I finish whatever I have before buying a new one. I am also not into make up brushes as I put make up as minimal as possible and mostly uses my fingers.


Une Blush On B06- for the price of 71.25AED I already consider it expensive to think that it was discounted. So not so sure if I'll repurchase next time. This is a cream blush on so no blush brush needed which is something I like. I let the lady at Une to choose a color that will suite me. I know she knows better than me.

Une Rouge Lipstick R10 - I guess I am into buying different brands of lipstick just to forget how I love MAC. I still do but only if they will go on sale or lessen the price which is something will happen only in my dream. But then no regrets with the other brands I have tried so far. In fact I find them better. I have chosen this color as this was the one the lady at Une was having and it looks good on her. I am expecting it will look good on me too without even trying it first! Again for a drugstore brand I find the price 59.25AED after discount a little expensive.


Une is definitely cheaper than high end brands but a little expensive compare to other drugstore brands. But then it is justifiable when they claim being 'organic'. Those ingredients they used aren't cheap. One more thing that I noticed with their line is those colors are mostly neutrals/nudes and I am a sucker for that. If price is not an issue I will definitely buy again some blush on and lipsticks as well as eyeshadow. That's it for now. One of these days I will use it and will again write a post about it.

Thanks for dropping by, ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment