Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Sunday, October 18, 2015

My current LOVE

Admittedly I was introduced to body butter only last month. Someone has given me Victoria's Secret Sheer Love Body Butter. It has taken me a few days before trying it out. First of all I had been avoiding Victoria's Secret products because it is too expensive for me. And sometimes strong scents can trigger or aggravates my headache or migraine. As of the body butters I had been seeing it a lot but ignoring it. Because of the word butter I was expecting it to be sticky in a yucky way. I don't want to experience again the feeling as if I bathed in oil. So just imagine my surprise when I tried it out and it didn't turned out with the way I was expecting it to be! It is more moisturizing than my body lotion. No oily feeling. Absorbs by the skin fast and I am just in love with the scent. At first the scent is too strong then becomes bearable afterwards. And yes body butter is my current addiction. Not lip products anymore. I can live without a lipstick but I can't live without a skin product like body butter as I have a dry skin.
Last week I visited the Victoria's Secret shop in Dubai for the first time. I had been living here in the UAE for a decade now. But only last week that I dared to visit the shop. And of course I did not forget to say thank you repeatedly to the person who introduced me to this wonderful holy grail product. I'm not too sure if the prices are like that the whole year because a product would cost 70.00AED each but it will become less if you'll buy more. 3 products would cost 145AED while 5 products would cost 200AED. So I have chosen the latter that makes each product 40AED. I'll be checking Google from time to time to see whenever they have a sale as the sales lady informed me 2 weeks ago they had a promo of 2 products for only 50AED. With the way I'm consuming the body butter I can say that I can used up a tube per month so big discount can help me a lot.

And because of I'm so in love with body butter and I'm crazy for it over the weekend I visited a few shops in Dubai that specializes in skin products. I sort of wanted to collect different brands of Japanese Cherry Blossoms body butter.

First stop was at Boots Pharmacy for the Soap and Glory body butter. I'm following someone on the Instagram who's very much in love with it so I take it that this is great too and can compete with VS. But I walked away as soon as I saw the price. It is the most expensive body butter that I know in the market. A tube would cost 85AED and I thought VS is already the most expensive. And they don't even have a tester! They have a current promo though that you'll get 3 products for the price of 2 but even so it is still expensive. Maybe I'll try it out once they have a buy 1 take 1 promo. But until then I'll stay away from it.

Second stop was The Face Shop a Korean brand of cosmetics. I was informed that they no longer have the Cherry Blossoms body butter (or never had it in the first place) and they only have mango but I was not interested in it but I looked around anyway to familiarized myself with the products and prices but this sales assistant pissed me off by telling me the name of each product (shampoo, conditioner, cream) I checked. Normally I'm chill because I'm working in customer service too but I had say something as I felt very insulted because I can read perfectly so she doesn't have to tell me what on earth I was holding. I can read for myself and I would love to see the ingredients and the benefits. I did not stay long on the shop and purchased only conditioner and hand cream. And vowed never to visit that branch again. Luckily other malls do have Face Shop also. But I'm not too sure I'll ever step on that shop again.

Finally there's a Bath and Body Works, I was informed that they don't carry body butter but have only lotion and cream. Sales assistants in Bath and Body Works are way better than the last shop I visited they'll come to you and greet you and ask you what you need then leave you alone to see for yourself but they are just around in case you need them. I left the shop empty handed as they don't have body butter but I came back again the next day to avail their current promo. 

And then The Body Shop and as far as I know it is a brand from UK. I did not purchase anything because there's no price tag on the products. And I don't like their version of Japanese Cherry Blossoms body butter. But as per the USA website their body butter costs 20.00USD and that's around 80.00AED but have to keep in mind that prices here are normally higher than the US prices so I'm expecting it to be around 100AED and up. With this I don't think I'll come back again in their shop.

In the end I'll stick to Victoria's Secret as long as they have their body butter and have the same price range :)

No comments:

Post a Comment