Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Empty Tube 32: LRP Effaclar Duo 🌸

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo
Price: 110.00AED
Promotion: Buy 2, Take 3

Made in France
Purchased at Aster Pharmacy
Purchased on November 2014

Price ~ Expensive
Moisturizing ~ Yes
Does it work ~ No
Will I repurchase ~ Maybe, it depends
Another batch of bad and unclear photos as I have taken them for a few seconds over my lunch break. But then the back story: late 2014 when I started my skin care regime and I was first drawn to French skin care products. Their women looks elegant, don't they? So who wouldn't want to look like them? Earlier brand I was into was La Roche Posay. And this La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo seems to be popular among beauty gurus. Seems like it is a miracle cream. And so I was swayed to try it out for myself.

It's being marketed as a product to prevent your face from having a pimple or acne. Some says it is good as a make up base. Now based on my experience while using it, it was not able to prevent me from having a pimple. So I was disappointed on that area. I did not use it as a make up base either as I barely use make up. I used it solely as a moisturizer. La Roche Posay seems to make the best moisturizer in the market. If only they would stop making claims that does not deliver. And they don't need those false claims either.

This is basically the 3rd moisturizer I've had from La Roche Posay and I think I've said it numerous times that I honestly cannot find faults in their moisturizers (just don't make outrageous claims to sell) and the only issue I have why I have not repurchase from them is their price in the UAE market. La Roche Posay Efflaclar Duo is a thin and gel like cream that melts easily into the skin. Does not irritate the skin. You'll really feel that its gentle. Moisturizes too well. And works well with other facial products because there are times that I'm layering skin care products at night. Together with other brands. Sometimes I'm doing the Essence, Emulsion and Serum thing.

And that's all for now.
So far I don't have any new moisturizers. I'm trying to finish those I have. Especially the samples I got from Aster Pharmacy ages ago. Aside from trying to finish all my stash of skin care products I'm also trying out to empty out my closet. Of course I have to leave a few clothes to wear as being naked is not yet the norm. Honestly I don't know how many clothing items I have. Maybe it's between 300 to 400. Including socks and underwear. But I wash clothes twice a week. And I'm not using all those items. For more than a month of discarding clothing I think I have done so around 50 items. But my closet still looks like a mess and overflowing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment