Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Empty Tube 39: Essence All About Matt Oil Control Makeup Base ๐ŸŒธ

Essence All About Matt!
Oil Control Makeup Base
Price: 20.00AED
Made in Italy

Purchased at Exquisite Ajman
Purchased on July 2015
Note: Exquisite Shops no longer carries Essence Makeup.
Product Claims: Lightweight make up base for a long lasting matt and smooth finish. My story: Purchased this at the time that I was into makeup well only lipsticks and blushes to be exact. And Essence was my favorite brand since it is the most affordable makeup in the UAE market. Bought this All About Matt Oil Control Makeup Base as I have an oily nose and I thought it could help me with my whiteheads.

See there are people like me who always have whiteheads on the nose no matter how I clean them or whatever products I use. Just because I have an oily nose. So I thought controlling the oil on my nose equates to controlling the whiteheads. I used this product for a few weeks then kept it. It can control the oil but not for the whole day or 100%. But to be fair there is no such product in the world that can do so. For that reason that my interest in this waned.

And because it is not required for us to wear make up in the office that I lost interest into it. Decided to use this again this January as I want to finish all my stash in the house. This is lightweight. Does not feel heavy on the skin. Controls the oil for a few hours. Makes the blush on stay a little longer. And I think I still have at least 4 tubes lying at home.
It has taken me 4 months to finish the small tube of All About Matt Oil Control Makeup Base because a small pump or two is enough to cover the whole face. So I don't think there's a need for me to purchase again ever.

Maybe I'll try again another oil control product after 2 years. If I'm still alive by then. I bought this because of the oil control than because of being makeup base. But still I'm not satisfied with what it can give. Maybe after 2 years there will be a new technology that can really address the oil and whiteheads in the nose.

I finished this tube last May 2016. This is the 39th product and as I have said I finished around 50 products already. Just don't have time yet to post them all at once. This Empty Bottle Post is part of my project to unclutter the room. Takes time but then hoping to get there at the end of this year. Even though I still have 6 bags of goodies to finish.

TWICE a colleague visited the place and twice he commented how dirty the place was! But looking back it was not really DIRT he was seeing. What he saw was a lot of items stashed everywhere in the flat. So if anyone will visit the house they will surely have a not so good impression. Now more than ever I know that it is wrong. Totally wrong. Aside from an outsider the flat would look like a junk shop, having far too many items will also give a nesting place for insects like cockroaches. Cleaning alone is not enough. Organizing and having less stuff helps a lot too. Here's a peek of my dresser. Can you still see a space?
Thanks for dropping by.
Till next time.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment