Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Morning ritual since January ⭐☀︎

When 2014 came I hoarded skin care products. Because that was the year I decided to fight off the white heads on my nose. Take care of my skin. And try to banish then sun spots that appeared on my face due to me not taking care of my skin properly. After skin care products I got a bit addicted too with Korean Make Up. Hoping I would have the same skin like them in the process. Then lucky for me whatever obsession I am having does not last long. Especially if I don't see any improvements. Or the improvements are minimal. And so come 2016 because of those obsessions and experiments here I am with lot of stash at every corner of the room and a huge dent on my back account.

That's when I started my so called 'Pan Project', a term I got from Instagram users where they are finishing off whatever products they have. And they are on a no buy stage. And posting their empties as to track down their progress. Except for me I don't post it in Instagram. I write it here on my online diary. In the long run aside from saving money and not wasting products it is also uncluttering of my tiny space. I'm also trying to reach some level of minimalism in my life. I want to go back in owning less. Just like the way it was when I came here to UAE a decade ago. To be able to finish off my stash I had been religiously using them at the start of January. I'm leaving them at work. So in the morning I really have to get up of my seat and put them on my face. Here are the products that I'm trying to finish:
There are times that I am not in the mood and I wanted to shout and throw them all. But of course I can't as that would mean losing my cool and wasting my hard earned money. Anyway let's start shall we? And mind you this is another post with photos overload. I have taken a few minutes over lunch to take this photos. Muji Sunscreen SPF40 is the first product that goes to my face every morning. This is to protect my skin against the sun. I cannot undo the sun spots on my face but at least now I can control them from spreading.
After the sunscreen the next product that goes to my face every morning is the La Roche Posay Hydraphase Moisturizer. It does not have an SPF because if it has I would not mind skipping the sunscreen. This is one of the best moisturizers I ever tried. But very expensive. And it is taking me forever to finish this one. But since January this is already the second moisturizer I'm using. I managed to finish one La Roche Posay bottle. I like that one better because that one has an SPF. I think that post will be on my Empty Bottle post. 
And after moisturizer the third product is Essence All About Matt! Oil control make up base. The only oily part of my face is the nose. And to be honest I don't feel the need to use it anymore. I just got excited during the time that I was making an Essence haul. And I got greedy that I purchased all the stocks of it that I have seen in Exquisite Ajman. So now even if I don't need it anymore I am still using just because I don't want to throw it away. 
Alternately I am using this Innisfree Smart Makeup Blender because I'm trying to finish it off too. I purchased it last February 2015 during the time that I was still crazy over Korean make up. I don't like it then and I don't like it now. And as I have repeatedly saying I'm using these products just to avoid throwing them. And because I'm not really enjoying it, I don't find it fun. Really.
And after the make up base, I'm using Skinfood Peach Sake BB Cream. Well this is a good BB Cream. Skinfood is a good South Korean brand. I love it. But I don't love putting on a BB Cream on daily basis. I purchased this at the time that I thought there is still a solution for my whiteheads on the nose. Or I can at least try to conceal them if there are any during that day. But to no avail.
Alternately I am using another Korean brand of BB Cream called Missha. This is another good brand as the coverage is good. Sometimes I am even combining the two bb creams just to finish them off immediately but I think it will take another year. Because I just need a little dab for the whole face. I think now I should start using them on weekends too. To finish them as quickly as possible.
And after the bb cream/s I am applying make up. But my make up is very minimal and simple. I am currently using Une Eyeshadow and Une Cream Blush. I have known this brand since January 2015. And yes it has been a year since I purchased them and until now I haven't finish them off. Because somewhere in between I got attracted with other blush ons. And I rarely use eyeshadow. It is just a waste of money for me. And may this post remind me to stay away from make up for good. For life. Forever.
After eyeshadow and blush on here comes the Essence Soo Glow Highlighter. I purchased it last year during the time when strobbing was the thing. This is a good product but this is not my thing. I also have this in white. Which I haven't touch yet and it will be one year since I purchased them. I will be handing it over to my sister. Maybe she might want it and finish it off for me. As I'm really done with it. I had been putting on make up since January that sometimes I feel like I'm going to go crazy at the thought of having to wear make up as long as I live!
Last touch would be the lipstick. The Une lipstick was a purchase from January 2015. And after more than a year I haven't finish it yet. I'm going crazy trying to finish it off. Imagine me having a retouch every hour. At least I learned a lesson out of this all. 
As of using the skin care products like the sunscreen and moisturizer I don't have any issues as I believe it is a must. I have tried living without them but what happened to my skin? I got sun spots. And my face became as dry as the desert. But as of the make up? Since I never really was the make up person I am no longer enjoying it. Especially the part when I got home and I have to remove them all from my face. Thinking about the 'time' I'm spending removing them. PLUS the money I spent in buying make up remover. May it be my last batch of make up..

No comments:

Post a Comment