Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Bath and Body Works Semi Annual Sale Haul 💕

So since April 2016 ~ I made a vow to myself never to hoard skin care and beauty products anymore. In fact I'm almost writing daily about my Empty Bottle post series where I'm tracking down that products that I finished. But came MAY 2016 when Bath and Body Works UAE had their Semi Annual Sale and there I was breaking my vow never to hoard again. Well I was not able to control myself because first of all I started buying from Bath and Body Works only last October 2015. But not often, only just a few occasions when they remember to send me an SMS about their promotion. So this is the first time that I ever experienced their Semi Annual Sale. And first time ever as well to catch them on this price!
Well I was at their shop last January 2016 with their first Semi Annual Sale of the year but I left the shop empty handed as the scents I have seen were not my liking. And that time I still had no idea about their Aromatherapy nor True Blue Spa. And I was staying away from their Signature Line because of the extreme sweetness. But as I have said this is the first time I catch them on this price. I purchased a dozen products. And each product costs only 20.00AED that's up to 70% than their usual price. And my justification from making this haul was this was not all for me. I will be sending some of it to my younger sister in Manila. I'm not sure if she likes Bath and Body Works due to its sweet scents but I will let her try it anyway. Almost all my siblings are like me that if there's a strong scent it can trigger the headache. So we are all careful when it comes to perfumes.
This post is overload with photos. I have taken photos over lunch for a few minutes hence there's no some kind of creativity going on here. Honestly for only a few minutes of taking photos I came back from lunch a little bit late. I just happen to be lucky because this new manager has loosen up a bit and not going on in our hair anymore even with the timings. And this makes me realize that if I stay in this place longer I'll just find myself an old lady someday who didn't really live her life. As all my time goes to work. I don't even have a time for little things in life like taking this photos. If I have given an ample time with this photos then I might end up not eating lunch. Duh. But for now let's move on to what are the products I purchased. First item I picked up was Cherry Blossom B0dy Wash and I had no idea what's the difference between Japanese Cherry Blossom and Cherry Blossom. I would pick up some Japanese Cherry Blossom if it was available but I can't find any. And there was huge crowd that I don't want to keep on looking anymore.
Argh! All the photos are dark. Light was not good. Anyhow let me continue with the items I purchase. Next item is Velvet Sugar body wash. I have taken only one as I'm not interested with it. I'll be sending it to my sister. Unlike with Cherry Blossom that I have taken two because one is for myself and one is for my sister. How I wish she knows how lucky she is that I'm also shopping for her. Bath and Body Works is extremely expensive in the Philippines. Compared to the prices in UAE. Well products has to travel longer and plus the huge tax. I can't remember anymore how many percent the tax is in the Philippines. Other countries in the world may have higher taxes than Philippines but the difference is the people from those countries can really see and feel where their taxes are going. Whoah! Bath and Body Works and Philippine Politics in the same sentence haha. (Sorry I got carried away).
And if there is a Velvet Sugar body wash there is also a Velvet Sugar body lotion. Actually when this promotion started initial prices were 50% off so I ignored it. Then after a week Bath and Body Works Middle East IG Account posted that from 50% off they reduced the price. Its around 66% off. Original price for the lotion is 60AED. I saved 40AED as the price was only 20AED. But again I'm not the one who will use this lotion. I will send it along with the body wash to my younger sister.
Velvet Sugar body wash and body lotion together. The name suits the product perfectly as this is such a sweet smelling. I think the original price of body wash is 60.00AED if not on sale and 55.00AED for bubble bath. But for the bubble bath I have taken Japanese Cherry Blossom but that is not included in any photos I posted here as I started using it the next day after my purchase.
And finally Sugar Velvet body mist. If it is not on sale price is 75.00AED so upon seeing it for only 20AED I went ahead and get 2! I was supposed to send the other one to my younger sister but think about the headache caused by strong scent that I decided against it. But if you're wondering why a person like me who dislike strong scents and yet purchased this one? It is because strong scent like Sugar Velvet helps a lot whenever I'm frying food at home. It cannot totally mask the smell of frying and oil but it helps quite a bit compared to other body mists I tested as room spray.
Here's the complete Sugar Velvet from my haul. I'm not sure if Velvet Sugar has bubble bath as I haven't seen one. I'm not sure also if they have eau de parfum I did not notice and I'm staying away from perfumes. Also I did not notice if Sugar Velvet has a body scrub. If they have I would have purchase as I'm currently into body scrubs. After experiencing Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy body scrub. These 4 products if not on sale would cost me 270.00AED and I'm not crazy enough to spend that much. Money is tight so I'm just relying on sales and promotions.
Another scent of body mist I have taken was Cherry Blossom and as I have said above I don't know how it differs from Japanese Cherry Blossom variant. I haven't tried them yet side by side. Its sweetness is lesser than Sugar Velvet so I guess its safe to hand it over to my younger sister. I will not use it as a body spray. Will use it as room spray. Only when I'm cooking and afterwards. Or if there's an alien scent coming from the neighbors.
Cherry Blossom body lotion. Well this is not for me. I'm done with Bath and Body Works lotion. I'm done with lotions to be exact. It has a floral smell but just like all the other Bath and Body Works product it has a hint of sweetness in it. The sweetness just differ in intensity. Maybe if I don't have a migraine I would have enjoyed their scents.
Not included in any of my photos is the bubble bath. But of course I'm not using it as a bubble bath. We have a bathtub at the flat but well the owner decided that the water from the AC should go through the bathtub making it not really very clean for having a bubble bath! So I'm using it as a body wash instead.
Surprised to see Japanese Cherry Blossom body scrub on sale too! If not on sale this would cost me 80.00AED each. And as I've said I'm currently into body scrub and body oils. Well their oils were not on sale so I settled instead in their body scrub.
And this photo is my Japanese Cherry Blossom and Cherry Blossom purchase. Minus the Japanese Cherry Blossom bubble bath. This is the best seller scent of Bath and Body Works and that is not hard to believe because even me chooses this out of all the scents they have. They now have at least 20 variants but I always end up with this scent all the time. 5 products would cost me 435.00AED if they are not on sale. Somehow this sale really helps. Those people like me who are on tight budget can at least enjoy Bath and Body Works once in a while. The downside is Bath and Body Works does not have a branch in Ajman. People are always forgetting that UAE has 7 (SEVEN) emirates. What they are doing is placing all the shops in Dubai and Abu Dhabi and completely forget the rest.
Aside from Bath and Body Works the sister company decides to have their Semi Annual Sale too. I'm talking about Victoria's Secret. So needless to say my next post is about my Victoria's Secret haul. The difference is all the Victoria's Secret are all mine! I'll send some to my sister on their next Semi Annual Sale and I'm not sure if December or January. Ahh if only money is not an issue. But it is. So my sister has to wait and for the mean time enjoy Bath and Body Works from me.
That's all for now
Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Ciao! ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment