Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Monday, July 11, 2016

Empty Bottle 48: VS Total Attraction Body Mist 🌸

Hi there! For those who landed on my page hoping for an in depth review of this product well I'm sorry to disappoint you. This is something I can live without. And this blog is more of an online diary where I write my thoughts and a tidbits of my life as an OFW here in the Middle East. And this entry is part of my current 'Pan Project'. Warning: Photos Overload. This always happen when I have a minute or two.

Pan Project of mine started just a few weeks back. To track down my progress almost everyday I'm writing a post about an Empty Bottle. And to make sure that I don't write the same entry twice I have written down a list. And I'm seeing this list whenever I'm updating something. And whenever I see it I feel something. But that something I feel is not a good one. A guilt feeling maybe? Because out of all the products I own and used up at least 80% of them were good for nothing or just a waste of money or something I can totally live without. And so making me have a heavy heart.

But then again I can't turn back the time to stop myself from making those purchase. And there were reasons anyway the time that I made those purchase. Is this some sort of final wake up call for me? If ever there is such a thing or such a term? I'll know in the following days if I will still have the same heavy heart upon seeing the list. But for now let me introduce to you the 48th product I finished. I think it was still in the month of May when I finished this bottle.
Victoria's Secret Body Mist
Total Attraction
Cherry Orchid and Lily Blossom
Price at VS Shop: 70.00AED
Mix and Match at VS Shop: 5 pieces for 200.00AED
Made in USA
Purchased this at Xpressions Safeer Mall
Price at Safeer Mall: 39.75AED
Promo Price: 3 pieces for 100.00AED
Purchased on March 2016
Those who read my previous entries regarding all the Victoria's Secret products then I'm sorry as I don't have any new information to offer. And just the same old information. I'm going to share anyway for those who visited my page for the first time.

Price ~ It is expensive. Whether purchased from the Victoria's Secret Beauty Shop or from other shops. Its all the same. Expensive. Not unless you really have a budget for it. And this packaging is the old packaging. They revamped it. But you will still see small shops in the UAE that carries the old packaging. Like in Giant and Manila Grocery in Ajman.
Said to be Cherry Orchid and Lily Blossom. But since I'm not a perfumer I can't expound regarding this matter. All I can say is it smells floral. But the smell is not overwhelming which is a good thing for me because if it is it could set off my head ache. If used on the body you may have to reapply every hour. If used on linens you have to reapply every 30 minutes! Otherwise the scent lingers only for a few minutes.

I purchased variants of Victoria's Secret body mist from their Fantasy Line not because I'm crazy about body mist. I was experimenting which scent will works best to defeat the smell the cooking emits. Especially fried food. Unfortunately Victoria's Secret Total Attraction Body Mist is NOT the answer. In the end fried food won. Sad to admit it was just a waste of money for me. So even if Total Attraction is included in the new packaging of Victoria's Secret Fantasy Line I will not repurchase even if they will have it on sale.
I have taken photos of the back of the bottle for additional information for those who wants to know because as of me I don't really care much about it. Said to be infused with Aloe Vera and calming Chamomile. Me: I don't need to calm. I just need to make the food smell go away. I don't have any issue with the smell of the food. But then it is not yet acceptable in the society that you go to work and what you are wearing smells bacon. Yes the smell the food creates hang into curtains, bed sheets and all the clothes. Whether they are hanging to dry or inside the closet. The battle is real.
As a room spray it cannot even last even for 30 minutes. This is good for only 5 minutes. No wonder why I used it up only for a week. 30+ AED for a week! That's the same price of a meat in the market. Or a 5 kilos Jasmine rice. I tried scented candles before but aside it from being dangerous I haven't found a candle that can help eliminating the odor form the house.
When it comes to Victoria's Secret I really love their Deep Softening Body Butter a part of Fantasy Line that has been discontinued ages ago. But as much as I love it I can't say the same for the rest of the products form the Fantasy Line. Body wash which has been discontinued was expensive and mediocre only. Body mist which is still very much available are expensive as well and also nothing special. They just looks pretty to look at. These photos will let you know that bottles are girlie.

I don't know what I will do next but as for now I'll finish off all the bottles I have of Victoria's Secret and whatever brands of body mist I might still have in the room. Will I finally try an expensive room spray afterwards? Maybe it depends on my financial status. Will I try an expensive perfume? Maybe if I'm crazy enough. Will I try another brand of body mist? Maybe if I'll stumble upon a dirt cheap brand. Or am I still in UAE when I finished off all the bottles? ☺
And that's all for today.
Thanks for dropping by.
Till my next Empty Bottle Post.
Ciao ♥
RAMADAN ~ One of the Culture Shocks I first experience when I came to UAE a decade ago was something to do with Ramadan. Well even when I was in Manila I know about Ramadan but not up to this extent. I remember the first time I was out and I just came from an interview. I was dying of hunger and thirst but I can't eat or drink outside. As it is very strict over here. Well it is still strict until now but a lot has changed in a decade. For example in some malls like City Centre almost all the food shops are operating. What the mall have done was to put a divider so the passerby won't see the people inside the food court eating. It's a win-win situation to all. Those who are fasting will not be tempted by the food. Those who are not fasting have someplace to eat even if they are outside. And the businesses will be operating as usual so they won't lose money. So even in Ramadan we non fasting can still go outside and do our thing as usual.


There are so many that I want to share. But then I'm always lacking in time. So my other stories will have to wait sometime to be told. The beauty products are just a tiny part of my everyday life here in the Gulf. So till the next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment