Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Empty Tube 63: I Love Body Scrub 🌸

Let me start by saying that I am totally new to body scrubs. I started using and loving when I had a chance to try Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Body Scrub this year. Admittedly I have chosen the brand because of the scent and it was on sale  when I made the purchase. And naturally because I enjoyed it I went out and try other cheaper brands as well hoping to find something like it. I tried I Love body scrub during my trial and error period of body scrubs.
I Love is a UK brand of affordable skin care products and very much available in Carrefour across the UAE. I have chosen Raspberry and Blackberry body scrub as I think this is the most delicious scent they have to offer. As of the price no complaints at all as I purchased it for only 17.00AED that so far is the cheapest body scrub I was able to find in UAE market.
Problem is after trying out the BBW I always compare other brands I tried over it. As of the scent I Love body scrub smells good. No question about it but then it does not last longer as compared to BBW. BBW have big grains of sugar that dissolves upon contact with the skin and so it feels weird that I Love body scrub does not feel that way. I Love body scrub have very fine granules that using it feels like I'm just using another body wash instead of a body scrub. And so I feel that BBW can exfoliate my skin better than I Love body scrub.
I have taken photos of the back to show the ingredients and whatever information about this product that you might be interested of. I wish I could offer much information or feedback regarding I Love body scrub but then I can't think of any other. Aside from having a good scent. But nothing really extraordinary well at least for me.
I used it for less than a month. And I am not sure if I'm supposed to use it on my face but I tried anyway and I didn't notice anything unusual. Anyway I'm just writing it as a part of my Empty Bottle Post Series where I am documenting the beauty products I owned/hoarded in the past and finally consumed up to the last bit. I was a hoarder for one and half year. The time seems less but my stash seems like I had been hoarding for years. In the end they are nothing but clutter. And no longer makes me happy. But at the same time throwing them away would mean wasting my money. So I will just use them all.
As you can see in the next photo there are other items that finally I was able to finish at last. I have so many clutter in the house that I can't find my earphone. Actually there are important items that has been lost inside the drawers. Lost amidst the sea of all the stuff I own. At times it is irritating that clearing up my space is such a slow process but then losing my temper would not help my situation. And it should always remind me not to fall back into hoarding habits again.
 
Before going on vacation last August I decided to stop purchasing and using body scrub for good as I have seen it as excessive expenses but then while I was on vacation I got bumps all over my body due to weather, dirt and sweat. So as soon as I am back in UAE I started using body scrub again. Admittedly it made my skin better. And keeps my skin moisturized. So it is a choice between not spending money on body scrubs but having some issues or shell out some cash and have a soft, hydrated and smooth skin? I have chosen the latter. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment