Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Goodbye #161: Rimmel Stay Blushed 🌸

And here I am with my project of decluttering my tiny space. By doing Pan Project and discarding whatever I can. Well other people may say that I don't have much items compared to them. But then since I am living in a tiny space and cannot afford a bigger space hence, my stuff has become more of a mess rather than a useful one. And I do not know why the supposed to be last photo of swatch when blended became the first photo when posted. Forgive my photography skills as I was not able to capture how it really looks like on morena skin at the back of my palm. But this color is so subtle. Will really stand out on people with fair skin. Can't blame the brand though as after all it is a Western brand and not specifically made for brown/dark skin tone.
Goodbye Series #161: Rimmel Stay Blushed 01 Pop Up Pink. I do not know if this blusher from Rimmel is still around. I think it came out sometime in 2014 or 2015. And I got mine on 2015. Rimmel is a UK brand of drug store makeup that is easily available in UAE. Meaning a lot of shops carry this brand. Even the good old Safeer Mall in front of our office. Price is very affordable and no more than 50AED I might gotten mine more or less 20AED. I wish to understand why but I don't, why I hoarded makeup products in the past when wearing makeup is not compulsory in our office. In fact I barely wear makeup. I'd rather spend more time in sleeping than spend time in applying makeup. Not really lazy but already working longer hours than the rest of the world for the last 10 years.
Rimmel Stay Blushed! came out with 5 colors but only 4 were available in the UAE market. It is more of a cream/mousse and definitely not a liquid type. I tried to take the photo of the back of the tube to. As the description is there for those who wants to know. But then who wants to know? It is just another cream blusher. That you will use your finger to blend. End of story. 
Anyway it says to be a lightweight liquid. Yes it is lightweight but it is not liquid. As I've said above it is cream type. And it is fine. Because it blends on easily. Without the fall out that powder blushers give. I'm discarding this now. Because what I have done was since it was on sale I bought the 4 colors in two. So this one is totally unopened, unused for the last 2 years. As much as I want to totally finish off everything, well that is simply impossible. It takes me a year to finish a makeup item. And as of the blushers I might have at least 20 pieces of them now. I was able to emptied out Une Breezy Cheek Blush and Bourjois Exclusif Blush but I don't think I can with all the Rimmel I own. 
Last photo is the not yet blended cream on my hand. But once blended it is already a different story as can be seen above photo. And even if I use a makeup base this does not stay on my cheeks the whole day. So touch up after an hour or two is a must which I am not doing. As I don't even have time anymore to stand up from my seat at work whenever I get so busy.
Last night I counted the items on my dresser. The top dresser alone contains 100 items. I've thrown some. Used up some. But numbers does not seem to lessen. And 2017 only has remaining 4 months. I must discard at least 80% of my makeup and stop crying/blaming myself for the money I wasted in the past. It is all in the past anyway. I cannot turn back the time no matter what I do.

Anyway on other things.. Someone was watching the Tiny House Movement via YouTube and I cannot help but smile. People doing it are from Western countries. Being Filipino from a poor family in a poor country, having a tiny house is already a heaven. When I go back to my home country I am not expecting a grand or big house. Believe me no one dreams of owning a matchbox house. But most likely we will all live in a matchbox house because that is all we can barely afford. I am even looking at something like 10 meter square house or 12 meter square house. OMG a 25 meter house is already HHHUUGGGEEEEE for most of us. So every now and then I am also sharing style/design of tiny houses. Western people lives in one by choice. Poor people lives in one because they have no choice. That is pretty reminds me of my current place and why I need to discard as many items as I can. Even the small ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment