Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

The Face Shop Olive Face Cream 🌸

Hello to all! I wish this is an in depth review but this is not. For those who do not want to read the long story, The Face Shop Olive Face Cream is available in The Face Shop UAE. Price is below 100AED but I bought mine on sale. I have a combination skin and its working great on me. When I say working great what I meant is: sinks in to the skin easily without any greasy feeling. Does not irritate the skin. You know the usual way how the moisturizer really works. But to be honest in the last 2 months I experienced better moisturizers but sadly those brands are not available in UAE. So this one will do. As long as it can moisturize well without funny effects on the skin.
For the photos I used my camera. As it is already collecting dust in the drawer. But then after 2 years (?) of having it I still cannot work on my way into taking close up photos. But anyway, I just want to show how the product looks like. It came in a small bottle. Without a box, which is fine with me as to helping the Mother Earth even in a smallest way. And it does not have a scoop either. Others have. Then again I do not mind. I use my fingers which I wash first with soap and water before dipping it into the bottle of cream. 
Anyway I think it is self explanatory that the name is Olive. Meaning one of the ingredients in making this cream is olive. Olive has been known to be good on health and so it is not surprising to find this in skin care products s well. Although I am not really a huge fan. I purchased my The Face Shop Olive Face Cream because it was on sale and I thought I'd just try it out. Purchased last January 2017. About this finish before August ends. It has taken me time to finish because I'm using other brands/creams at the same time. I mean I am alternating them.
Last winter, even though the winter here is not much cold, I was able to consume too many moisturizers as I am doing it the Korean and Japanese way. But comes summer I cannot as I find them too uncomfortable and feels like my skin cannot handle layers of skin care and makeup. So if I could go back in time I would not purchase so many skin care products. Only consolation is since some are still unopened and the expiration date is on 2019.
This is what the cream looks like. Nothing extra ordinary. Just like any other moisturizing cream I own. As much as I want to move on to other creams I cannot as I am still trying to finish it. Maybe I will be able to buy new creams only in 2018. Or in 2019. Don't know. Not because I do not have a budget for it but the usual story of having too much of it.
Tada! 1/8 of my stash that I am trying to finish! I doubt that I can finish them all by end of this year. But it is okay since they will not yet expire anytime soon. Most are not yet opened. But soon enough I will be discarding a lot of makeup. Summer makes my skin crazy that for a few days I find myself with flaky skin. To think that I eat a lot of vegetables and fruits. I eat fish. I drink a lot of water to the point that I need to pee a lot because of it. Plus I moisturizer. And I do not use facial wash that strong for my face. Maybe it has something to do with age. The older we get, the drier our skin will be.
That's all for today. And I hope my post makes sense somehow. I am writing just an outlet. To break the ice from my busy life from work. And to steer my thoughts away even just for a few minutes. Once again I find myself having problems which I did not create in the first place. You know, it was not my choice to be the eldest and the bread winner. Ciao!
A few days after writing this post I was able to finish the tube of the cream and before throwing the bottle I opened the sticker and the bottom. Took photos for those who are curious or interested. But then as of me it is yay! Another item off my magic dresser. I call my dresser magic because seems like it never runs out of stuff on it. I keep on saying that it only has 100 items but no matter how many items I either used up or discarded, it is still overflowing as ever. If only.. If only I did not waste my money is so many things..

No comments:

Post a Comment