Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Monday, July 4, 2016

Yoko and Point 💕

And so my mini haul did not end on May 2016. It continued on June 2016 as well. At the first weekend of June I visited Lamcy Plaza in Karama. It has been a year since I visited that mall. First I went to Daiso but I came out of the shop with nothing. I did not purchase anything. I was not interested anymore. Which is good. Besides the Daiso in Lamcy no longer carries skin care products or toiletries. Like they used to be. I know that time Boots Pharmacy was still on sale but I still find their products too expensive. And I don't know what is the deal with the products from UK? Why they are more expensive than US brands?

Anyway inside the Lamcy Plaza there's also a hypermarket/supermarket whatever term you prefer called Al Maya. I know Al Maya has so many branches even in Ajman. I went inside to just look around. And then this South Korean brand called Point caught my attention. Well Point has only 4 products available and I purchased them all. All are facial products. Those 4 products I purchased can be seen at the first photo and into the next photo.

But about the Yoko body scrub that can be seen from the photo above, I got it from Westzone Supermarket for only 3.50AED. I had been seeing this brand for ages but just ignoring it. Well I just happened to be into body scrubs right now and a scrub this cheap would not hurt my pocket big time so why not try it out eh? Got myself the Yoko Spa Milk Salt variant and if it turns out to be good then I'll go back and get the remaining variants as well.
Point price starts at 15.00AED up to 20.00AED and I tried looking for it via Social Networks and Google but to no avail. Well some information are there but not actually reviews so I wonder about its popularity in South Korea. Tried at least 3 products at once and they are not bad. They are on the same boat like with other expensive Korean brands of cosmetics. I visited the Al Maya near to me in Ajman but they don't carry Point products so I take it that this is available in selected branches only.
The front side where the product name and description is ~ is the only English words for each product. The back is pure Hanggul. Meaning no translation about the ingredients. Or how to use it. And I can't remember if I have seen the expiration date of the product. But it's not a big deal with me as I don't care that much about the ingredients. I survived after being my own guinea pig with all the products I used and still using. As of the instruction well they are all the same anyway. 
I think the selling point of this brand would be they are using organic? But then I'm not too sure. I just take it its organic as that is what I often see with other brands. Cleansing foam or facial wash is the cheapest among them. And if compared to other brands in the UAE market (Ponds, Loreal, Clean and Clear, Johnsons and Johnsons, Garnier and Olay and many more) this is definitely the cheapest.
Point Facial Scrub if I'm not mistaken retails around 16.75AED I may have thrown the receipt already. While the Deep Clean Pore Mask Cleanser is the most expensive among the bunch. It retails around 19.00AED to 19.75AED but no more than 20.00AED and it says to be 2 in 1 product which means it can be used as facial wash or facial mask. Depends on your liking.
And that's all for today. So basically the purpose of this post is to let you guys know (those who are interested in Korean brands) that there is actually a Korean brand of cosmetic that is so affordable. As opposed to The Face Shop. I'm just not sure if this brand will expand in the UAE market. Maybe it depends on the demand. And for those who are like me that loves to try out new brands from time to time but without breaking the bank. I'll try to take to take more photos to share some other time. As well as read more about this brand.
 
I'll give an update soon whether this brand is friendly on my skin in the long run or will drive my skin crazy. Only then I can say if I will repurchase or not. Will also share my feedback as soon as I use the Yoko scrub.
 
Till next time.. Ciao! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment