Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Monday, November 7, 2016

Goodbye #27: NakedπŸ‘‹πŸ½

Finally.
Its long over due but I was able to do it.
Here's my story. A few months back I realized that I have too many items inside the room that its no longer fun. And all I see were clutter everywhere. And then I started reading blogs or social media posts of people who are frugal or minimalist or both. I got inspired by them that if they can do it so why can't I?
 
When I was starting in my journey towards a minimalist life there was a little doubt and a few bumps as I ended up making new purchases after weeks of purging which I was able to control later on. Yes now I can say I am in control. Even though there will still be a few glitches every now and then. But at least it is getting less and less.
 
It has been easy for me to let go of clothes as well as documented them. I just need to take at least an item a day and that's it. But that is not the case with make up and skin care products. As I had to finish them up. So its taking time. But as of the make up I may love them a little but it does not mean I am using them or crazy about using them that they are just sitting in my dresser collecting dust. I wanted to take a good phot0s and swatches as after all I love this Urban Decay Naked Palette I am letting go now.
 
But then I know that I will never ever have time for photography anyway. So I just took a photos of whatever a few minutes I have so at least I can keep a memento/remembrance of it. I bought this Urban Decay Naked Palette from Sephora in Dubai for 249AED if I am not mistaken. How can I not buy it when everyone was singing praises for it? Expensive as it is I still went ahead and make a purchase. It would have been a good buy IF I am using it on daily basis but I don't. So in the end it was just a waste of money for me. Here are the photos but no swatches:

Photos overload.
It has fall outs but then I was told all eye shadows have fall outs anyway. I'm trying here to give more description about it but then my mind goes blank. They call it Nude because the colors are neutral meaning whatever your skin tone maybe the colors will suite you. Thus making it popular with make up guru, bloggers and make up lovers. That even me who does not use make up daily fell in line to buy it. If this is 247.00AED or 249AED per palette means each color cost 20.00AED and I think it is not a bad price as mono eye shadow in the market would cost 30.00AED and above. Other will argue that 20.00AED per color is expensive due to the quantity but then even this quantity will take forever to finish not unless there's a dozen of you who are going to use it on daily basis. But as per my financial status shelling out 249AED one time is pretty tough.
 
That will be all for today.
I still have too many make up items I need to get rid of I believe. I'm just finding time to finally sit down and pull out all the drawers. And go through the items one by one. I'm not kicking myself anymore over regretting buying too many make up in the past. I will not be that hard on myself anymore. At least not I can say that I really learned my lesson. Even though back in August I made another purchase again. But I made it without a heavy heart as I will be trying them out then hand over to my cousins.
P.S. I only have 3 make up palettes I mean the big ones. That comes in 12 colors. Sadly though pretty as they are, but then they are just simply a clutter in my already messy drawer/dresser. I'm trying to find time to take photos for the other 2 palettes before letting them go.

No comments:

Post a Comment