Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Monday, August 21, 2017

3rd Order From KLensPop 💕

I always have a poor eyesight as long as I can remember. I always had to sit in the front at school just so I can see the teacher and the blackboard. But back then I didn't know that I have an eyesight problem. When I realized it I still refused to wear glasses. Even when I landed in UAE and started working. I have this notion and I do not know where I got it that wearing glasses will make my eyesight weaker.

Wrong. Eyesight will get weaker whether I wear glasses or not. Used to be 2.25 both eyes and now it is 3.25 both eyes. It was last year when I really had to continuously wear glasses. And when it became 3.25 the glasses (lenses and not the frame) became heavier. When it became heavier wearing glasses has been annoying to the point that I am cursing my life for having a poor eyesight. Well heavy glasses led me into trying out contact lenses. It may not be for all. It has pros and cons as well but then for now it is the best solution that is within my reach.
I was scared upon my first use of contact lenses thinking I would go blind for good because of it. But then after a few uses, I get used to it finally. But the catch? In the UAE Fresh Look is the cheapest brand I can get for 120.00AED (solution included) and it is good for 30 uses or month continuous use only. So needless to say it is taking a toll in my financial situation.

Either I buy and try different weightless frames immediately or use contact lenses while saving money for a good brand of weightless frames. But how to save enough when contact lenses are too expensive for me? Thanks for Google. I found a few websites that sell contact lenses in a much affordable price than the UAE market has to offer. That's how I came to know KLensPop. 
My first order was sometime in June because their contact lenses were on sale for only 5.50USD per pair and in AED that is only around 20AED. KLensPop aside from having the most affordable contact lenses when on sale also has the cheapest shipping fee. Honestly I do not know why other websites can charge expensive shipping fee when they are all using the good old post mail with tracking number. So my first order I paid only 125.00AED for 5 pairs and shipping fee included. I know that I have to pay 5AED for Empost charge and taxi fare back and forth from Empost to my flat, but it is okay because I pick up my item only when I will go to a grocery store near to Empost.

My second order was more of wants than needs. Because to be honest I do not need it since my first order will last up to 5 months o me. But I placed an order again because it was Silicon Hydrogel contact lenses for only 6.50AED per pair. Google says that Silicon Hydrogel is the latest and allows the eyes to breath freely than the usual one. So with that amount I thought why not? I just need to give up few snacks/meals/junk food to afford it. And boy I was very happy with it. So happy that July 31, 2017 I placed my third order. Which can be seen in the first photo above.
First order arrived in less than a week while the second order arrived after two weeks. Third order came in less than a week. I think this pattern has something to do about the dates you order them. Meaning if you will order from the last week of the month of month end, it will be faster. Rather than when you order in the middle of the month. You know the usual the shipments has to go at the month end. Something like that I suppose. The aloe mask sheet came as free by the way. First time that I ever received a free item from them.

From time to time I keep on checking other websites for contact lenses. Other websites has a lot of options compared to KLensPop but then they are tad expensive and as I've said even the shipping fee from others are expensive. KLensPop has a standard 5.50USD shipping fee and tracking number included. If you are in UAE, tracking number is very important. You will never get your package if tracking number is not included.
This piece of paper, I have taken photo of back and forth, is the manual and directions. Says that one should not wear contact lenses in more than 4 hours. Which sadly I cannot follow due to my eyesight condition. So what I am just doing is to remove them when I am on lunch break. So to give a break also to my eyes. Then put them back again when going back to work. (Flat is at the back of workshop).
For the month of August 2017, some contact lenses are for sale for only 7.50USD still the cheapest compared with other websites. As much as I want to get pink and brown colors I am holding back. I will decide on the last day of the month. The downside of being an OFW. A single OFW even though I have work it does not mean I can easily buy all the things I want/need or both.
The colors I have chosen. Mostly are silicon hydrogel except for the hybrid. I love them. They have a 6 months shelf life. Meaning I can use each 30 times within 6 months which is pretty long that's why I ordered this much. Sadly my phone photos did not justify the colors. I was planning on using my camera because the colors are great and so they deserved to be captured nicely. But as always I am waiting for TIME when I can freely do everything I want which in this lifetime will never happen. Sigh.
Maybe I will be able to get myself a good brand of weightless frames (I am not even sure it will work so it will be a trial and error for me) only next year. There are only 4 months left before 2017 ends. And there are so many things I want to do. And need to buy. And want to buy. First I will finish this emergency back home. The sad part of being the bread winner. Of being the eldest. Born in a poor but big family. Then I will try to buy some gold as coming 2018 when they introduce VAT everything will have 5% tax. 

Sad. I have not taken yet my vacation for this year. But this is my life. I need to live it one day at a time no matter how I detest it at times. Anyway so far for the month of July and August contact lenses were my only online purchases. Maybe I have a crack in the head because even though makeup does not do me anything good, I am still attracted to some of it. And a few times I had been tempted to order one from Ebay. But I must fight it off because I do not need it really. I will stay poorer than ever if I will not be able to control myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment