Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Related to Empost again.. πŸ’•

I am definitely not obsessed with Empost or online shopping but I was surprised that I have to share what happened. Well only November 2016 when I was brave enough to order from Ebay. That time I used the company PO Box since I do not have my own. And I got the items after a month. Which was fair enough as one month was the promised delivery time. But then after that I have concerns with subsequent packages. I was already thinking of stopping ordering from outside the UAE or through EMS because of the not so good experiences which has nothing to do with the seller nor the Empost at all.

One of the concerns was, since I am using the company PO Box, I am not allowed to take the parcel even though it is under my name. I am at the mercy of someone else who is not very keen into taking packages. And as an end result it takes time to get my parcel. As I write this it has been 3 months since I placed the order from Yesstyle for a few boxes of charcoal nose strips. Unfortunately it does not have any Tracking Number. I have a strong feeling that the package is lying in the post office only rotting away. But since I do not have the tracking number I do not have a proof. I was very down with this as every centavo counts. Saving money was the reason in the first place why I started ordering online.

Stupid me.. Only recently when I realized that most sellers from Ebay do actually have an option if I want to have my package to have a tracking number. Actually almost all the seller aside from Ebay do have this option. And it is okay if I do not use the company PO Box. The item will still reach me. After all there is only one Ajman, UAE in the world. And even if I have to pay 5AED per package ~ it is still worth it. I do not need a new makeup but I have given up to the whim of having one. If I will purchase a Western brand of eyeshadow it would cost me 260.00AED and above. But since I place an order from Ebay for an Asian brand it costed me only 50.00AED and so paying 5AED plus my taxi fare of 20AED back and forth from the Empost office is still much lower than buying something from Sephora. [But please don't get me wrong I am still very much advocating minimalism and frugal life. Buying the makeup was just one of my lapses.]

Ordering online helps when you need an item not available here or you want to save money. I started using contact lenses since December 2016. But a pair cost me 120AED and it is good for one month or 30 uses. In my quest in finding a cheaper alternative I found out that I have option of buying from Korea, Japan and Philippines. My first online purchase was from Korea. For 5 pairs I paid only 124AED since they are on sale. But even if they are not price will still be lower than what the UAE market can offer. Even without a PO Box my order arrived in the country safely. And it has taken only a week's time to reach here. Unlike when I was using the company PO Box and someone 'authorized' to get it, lucky me if I will wait for a month only. Just look at the case of my order from Yesstyle that has been gone for good. 

I will pick up the item later. And will give an update some other time. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment